Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

94 fullsize blazer amp placement?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by hoppy, Nov 3, 2002.

1. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

i have a fullsize blazer with the fold down back seat. when i had me stereo installed the dummy's mounted my amp to the back of the seat even though i asked them to put it under the seat to keep it out of the way. to say the liest its always in the way. they told me they couldnt put it under becuase of the heat? i have more then 6" of space. can i move it under and feel safe? where else could i put it so it totally out of my way and safe from damage? any help would be great. oh its a pioneer amp and and about the size of a magazine.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How about behind a side panel. If you really want it under the seat, you can get a shield that go's over it with cooling fans.

3. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Ive had all my amps ( except sub amp cause its to big ) and Ive never had a problem with heat, sure after extented use at high volume they get very warm but they have never shut off on me and never fried ( had my kenwood amp 5 years and counting )and theres only like 3 inch above it.

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

As long as you have 2 inches of air above the top of the heat sink on your amp, you should be fine. And if it still gets hot then spend $15 on a relay and 12v fan and blow some air on it. Easy as pie.