Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

94 s-10, good deal?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by jaredmajor, May 15, 2006.

1. jaredmajor

jaredmajor Registered Member

There is this 94 s10 thats in pretty good shape. Has 160,000 and needs shocks, it's for $1200, should i buy it? The tires are pretty good, it use to leak oil out of the oil lines to the filter, but the PO replaced them. I am just nervous to buy it and then the motor go. I just want it as a dd for when i am working on my truck. I don't know anything about s10's so thats why i posted in here. :o

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if you find one of them that the lines dont leak 2 things are the reason for it then. #1 is just replaced or #2 the motor isnt run at all. :haha:

thay all leak oil at the lines were the crimp hold to the line. sounds like a good buy . and in my state 96-up is obd2 required check for full emissions with the state scanner. i would love a 94 or 95 model for non emissions. :wink1:

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Hmm, our 4.3 leaks too. Good thing we tore the IFS off, now we can screw the oil filter straight onto the block! :D

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

how much rust is on it? I bought a running 94 one time for 300 and parted it out. Thoese oil lines are a pain i just changed them last night

5. jaredmajor

jaredmajor Registered Member

oh yeah it's a blazer too. No rust except when they put a new windshield they must have chipped the paint on both bottom corners, so now there is some cancer there. The owner now got some cheap touch up paint and covered it up. Other than that there is no rust. The interiors pretty good. Consoled needs some care, same with the drivers seat. Needs shocks. I just need a daily driver for when my truck is broke.