Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

94 TBI 350 mods for towing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pvfjr, Oct 31, 2006.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine has a stock '94 1/2 ton. He's waiting for the day when he can afford a new tow rig, but for now, he wants to make the old one tow his trailer a little better. I've got a good handle on carbed motors, and could easily mod an old carbed 350. I don't know too much about the TBI though. What do people recommend?
    I've heard that big cams will give the tbi fits. I've also heard seen in my searches that you can buy a new chip, like those at tbichips.com. What's a good combination of chip/cam? Can you change the cam without the chip if it's just a mild one? Are there any cheap tricks I don't know about? I suppose if we went the exhaust route, we'd have to find ones with the O2 bungs. Who makes the best? Currently, our county doesn't have emissions either, so that should give some flexibility. Also, do you TBI guys swap intakes, or do you have to keep the stock ones?

I know this is kinda like the "Can I fit 35's..." questions, but I did do some searching. This TBI stuff is just a little new to me.

2. scooter122983

scooter122983 1/2 ton status

There are a few cheep mods you can do to make more torque and hp, spacers injectors and of corse there the chips. A mild cam with a low end power curve wouldnt mess with the computer too much, headers are good and they make em with the bungs in them. Check out jegs and also hypertech.

3. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

if you want low end torque throw a set of vortec heads on there with TPI you will make some good power with better economy