Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

95-2000 Suburban 3/4 Specification list? Hp/Eng/Tran/Tc/axl etc

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AFUFO, Mar 2, 2007.

1. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know where i can find a specification list, similer to the ck5.com specification list, for the 95-2000(vortec), Suburbans and Yukon XL 3/4 tons?

My family is looking to buy one this fall, maybe even next spring and we would like to see what our best option would be for the engine when browsing. The Ext cab K1500 is going to get cramped fast when we get our 2nd great dane.

The suburban may get some small performance mods, and maybe 33s so we are looking for it to be heavy duty enough to be able to hold the 33s(no problem for 3/4 ton), and also be able to hold the 454 engine with some small performance mods (exhaust etc, not messing with the actual engine) for the occasional hot rodding around in at the lights when were next to those honders.Wouldnt be seeing mud or trail use, only daily driver, and the beach.

Were also considering the 6.5 TD for the gas mileage, and another nice thing about the TD is it doesn't emit a frequency like gas engines do from the spark.. this would allow us to drive roads in certain areas by government/radio facilities AND use a CB without listening to the engine rev over speaker :haha: . The 350 is just.. a 350, a bit less power than a 454 but the 454 is only 1-2 mpg worse at most, right? We get around 14-16 city in our 98 Z71 w/350, and up to 21-22 highway @ 75-80 mph.

Thanks,
    AF

(Can you tell im falling asleep?)

2. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Bump from page 8

mods, delete if you want..or move..whichever.

3. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

i recently had a 98 3/4 ton with the 454. It rocked. It also got about 12 mpg when i went easy on teh freeway.....about 10 normal freeway, and about 8 in town. It had the 4.10 gears, but had 33's on it, so yah.

Ppl told me the 350 powered one would get about the same, due to it working so hard. I drove one, and it was a turd. The 454 hauled ass.

But expect low mileage out of it. If you could find a low mileage diesel, i'd go for that. Not gonna be a rocket, but it will get way better gas milege.

4. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

Heard there was some problems with the 6.5 that made the 454 a better choice. Dont remember what they were though.. And iv been looking and all the 6.5s are 300,000 miles haha, i guess that must mean they are reliable to a certain extent..but why does everyone get rid of them at exactly 300,000? is that when they start fallling apart?

From what i figured, if we were to sell our 98 Chevy extended cab z71, we could almost pay for a suburban with a 454... we could also use the suburban for most loads that we use the truck for, wood on a roof rack, bags of dirt inside, etc.. And buy a honder or something for gas milage and trips.

I would however hope to see 16-18 mpg on the highway with air intake, headers, exhaust, etc.. specially with it being the vortec over tbi. Our z71 with the 350 has gotten up to 22 highway one time, usually gets 20 or 21.

The main reason for switching to a burban would be because of our great danes..only have one now but planning on getting another this summer, might end up with 3 who knows..suburban would have room for that. each gets their own seat or space.

And you know, the only thing that would suck is my mother would be driving a truck with a bigger engine then mine.. (350 in jimmy)

5. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Someone on here has 35's on one and gets 16mpg on teh freeway, but its cause his highway rpm's are significantly less than stock cause of the tire size.

I bought the burb thinking i would get 16-18 on a rare occasion....and i sold it cause i realized it would never happen.

6. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

maybe we should just get a TD and put a 454 in my jimmy...build it up later on