Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

95 4Door 4x4...

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Confedneck79K30, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

So this weekend I should be taking delivery of my new to me 95 s-10 blazer
    4 door
    4x4
    cold a/c
    $800 bucks

guy says it runs good, but at about 55mph it wants to die..
    he's put in a new FP (twice)
    new intake gaskets (twice)
    im thinking clogged cat or egr issue..

anyone have any experience with this problem? had a 99 before but never did this...

anyways my main question is this:
    i plan on running the piss outta it til i kill it...
    is there a simple SAS available for these? or should i get an awd t-case from an astro van and drop in an ls1? i'll need to start compiling parts now, but ya get the idea... so many options...

2. Confedneck79K30

i should add, i have a one ton in my back yard... that ive been trying to sell, should i snatch the front outta it and go one ton sas or should i think about toyota axles being they're nice and narrow?

3. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

you'd need a driver drop axle for that, unless you swap the case, which is a PITA. i know ALOT about s10/blazers/and zr2's.....so any questions, PM me bro. i've owned 3 of them, and lifted/wheeled/broke every one. haha.

now i've replied on all 3 of your posts about this blaze.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Good motors that year in 95. ****ty transmission. You want 4L60E parts? 95-only. I had 283,000 miles on my 95 when the 4L60E finally crapped. Motor still running strong and plenty of power. Only thing is, right around 180k or so, most GM's pop a head gasket, so that's what I'd watch out for.

5. Confedneck79K30

well its 148k on the odo... yanked the blown up old muffler off tonight and cut the pipe off my used flowmaster, gonna take the flow tomorrow to have a flange welded onto it, and buy a turndown to clamp on it.. then i go after the EGR...

6. Confedneck79K30

alrighty gents, today i put the new used flowmaster on with a turndown, sounds pretty good...
    removed the iac and cleaned it, and what i guess is the EGR, on the front of the intake, below the throttle body? i dont see a conventional egr on the back of the intake...

still has it's stumble... cant figger it out, doesnt have a MAF sensor, but the tp sensor reads correctly, what am i overlooking? im going to do a tuneup next weekend with at least plugs and wires, maybe a cap and coil... whaddya think?