Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

95 6.5 TD.........Oil Pressure Switch???????

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ChevyDrivnRdneck, Dec 13, 2002.

1. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Anyone run into a loss of power problem on take off???? I was told by a fuel injection pump rebuilder that it could be the oil pressure switch cause it is also a fuel pump switch. Anyone had this problem and did it fix it????Thanks for any input...

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Real common problem on the electronic 6.5L diesels.

The oil pressure switch controls the low pressure fuel lift pump. When the switch stops working correctly, the fuel stops pumping.

The low pressure lift pump is also known to fail.

Third possibility is the PMD/FSD (pump mounted driver aka fuel solenoid driver) mounted on the DS4 injection pump. Again, very common.

For more info, check out www.thedieselpage.com

Casey

3. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Well I changed the oil pressure switch after extensively looking for a socket long enough!!!! That seemed to be the problem. Truck runs better now then it has since I've owned it. Must have had the problem when I got it!!!!! It had some other problems right after I bought it too. The dealer had to replace the injection pump and a bunch of other things that they were guessing about!!!! Fuel cut-off solenoid, part of the fuel rail, the pump that is in the fuel line under the cab............Wonder if the switch was a majority of the problem all along????? They could have paid $20 instead of $2000!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

by the way........ Thanks!!!