Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

95 Blazer clogged EGR problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schecht, Feb 3, 2004.

1. schecht

schecht Newbie

Hi all, I'm a newbie, My girlfriend has a 95 blazer v6, 115K, and the Egr valve (PCM controlled) is getting clogged, or more specifically being held open, with little chunks of carbon. I've cleaned the valve out twice in two weeks, so i'm expecting it agian. I've just added fuel system cleaner, but was trying to find someone with the same experience. The EGR valve works great after the little nugget is removed, but i wanted to get to the route cause, hopefully without pulling the intake apart, a friend suggested it was the charcol canister letting these little gems in, but i was thinking it's flaking carbon off the back of a valve. Anyone see this before??? thanks Rob

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Haven't heard of something clogging them back up again this fast...I would expect something else to be going on if carbon is being built up this fast in an engine.

One thing that can be done, if it IS just regular carbon buildup, but breaking off now, is to buy some of GM's "Top Engine Cleaner". From all accounts using it makes a great show, but it also apparently does an incredible job of cleaning carbon out of the engine.

3. schecht

schecht Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been reading about Sea Foam cleaner, that sounds like a show when addded to the intake as well, any experience out there with that?