Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

95 S10 Blazer - Vortec questions

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Jagged, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I just acquired a 95 S10 Blazer with the Vortec V6 (this is the last year before the newer vortecs). It's got about 170k on the ticker right now. I know for sure I need to clean out the throttle body, is there anything else that could be cleaned/changed to help restore some of the power in the engine? It's had the air and fuel filter changed within the last year, fuel pump was changed about a year and a half ago, and the cat doesn't exist any more (got hollowed out by the previous owner).

This is about the newest vehicle I've owned, and I'm really not too familiar with all the electronic crap (TBI is about the most electronics I've had in my vehicles), so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

First off what type of fuel injection do you have. Is it throttle body or CPI which looks somewhat like TPI

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

Run at least a can of seafoam through the engine using the PVC inlet at the top of the intake to suck it up. This will clean a lot of carbon out when i did this to my CPI engine i got a about 2 miles more per gallon. Besides that a normal tune up will do wonders for the engines proformance this would include a Cap, rotor, wires and plugs.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

another big comon problem is hard starts. found that the fuel lines in side the intake to the cpi injector go bad. get hire line crak in them. easy fix. dealer for lines and plenum gasket. also helps fuel millage . dont forget a/c delco plugs only.