Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'95+ Suburban/Tahoe Seat Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

\'95+ Suburban/Tahoe Seat Question

I need to hear from everyone that has put these buckets in their truck. I need to know how you bolted them in, ie drill new holes in the floor; drill holes in frame, etc. I just got mine in and am having them cleaned and willb be ready to go in on this week, so I need to know the best, fastes and all in between ways of installing these.

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

2. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

Re: \'95+ Suburban/Tahoe Seat Question

Anyone?!

Good lord. The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up it's butt.

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I installed a set of 94 Suburban seat's in my 83 Blazer..
    To do it.. I bought some 1/8 inch thick steel plate's (home depot hardware dept) it's flat stock.. 4 ft sections.. Cut them in half after measuring them..
    Then I layed them on the floor where I wanted my seat's to go.. made my mark's from the seat frame on the flat stock.. then drilled completely through the flat stock and the floorboard's. I had to drill new hole's completely.. since I used the orignal Suburban seat bases..
    Then I used Grade 8 hardware to bolt them down including flat washer's (big ones) for underneath to get a nice flat mounting surface.. Seat's don't budge.. and man they are comfortable..
    The flat stock is was chosen to have a new mounting surface(level mounting surface) and to help in reinforcing the floor board/seat mounting area.. The flat stock was used on the top side of the floor board..
    Hope this helps..

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Drill new holes in the seat frame. Drilling them in the floor is a bad idea....they will become ovals, and I don't want to think about what would happen in a crash.

90K5

See my truck at <a target="_blank" href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</a>