Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Nov 27, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Will 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo front bucket seats look decent in my 1976 k5 blazer? I know ill have to make some mounts. I just dont know if they will look right in the truck? what do you think?

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I think any nice seats if mounted nicely will look nice in the K5

3. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Thanks, well I have the opportunity to buy two black leather fully electric front bucket seats that go up, down, tilt, recline, and move forward and backward out of a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for $150, the driver seat has some small cracks on it.

What do you think? is it a go in your opinion? $150? I just dont know the price value on seats at all.. ( this price is just for the two front bucket seats)

would it be worth while to have them throw in the back seat as well? would that work in my K5?

4. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

anyone?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  5. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  6. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Well I didnt get a reply so I went ahead and made the deal. Im getting both bucket seats, and the seat belts for $175 Im not sure the seat belts will work but Im taking a chance. Did I make out alright?

Anyone know for sure about the belts??

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Sorry I wasn't around.
    Yes I think $150 for those seats is good, I have no idea what you are talking about the seat belts?
    The stock ones?

8. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Thanks, yea I was wondering if the 1996 cherokee laredo seat belts will work in my K5? Will they fit and work right?

9. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Well I bought the two front bucket seats out of that jeep. The people are now offering me the back seat out of that jeep as well for $150, its in mint condition. Should I buy it or re upholster my original K5 rear seat to match the front jeep seats? Is that a good deal for that jeeps back seat?

10. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

anyone please give an opinion, they have another buyer and I dont want to loose it if its a good deal..

11. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

I think the jeep seats are a little too narrow. I looked at one when I needed a back seat for my K-5 and ended up waiting for a Blazer seat out of a wreck. I think the jeep seat is 40 inches wide so it's somthing like 6 inches narrower then a blazer seat. plus, you loos the floor lock, seatbelt mounts etc. I say redo your existing seat.

12. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Ya got a good deal on the front seats. Pass on the back seat and put the $150 into re-upolstering yours.

Seat belts? You'll find out if they will work when you try to throw them in your truck:rolleyes: Be sure to let us know if they work:D

13. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Cool, yea the front seats I think will look real nice and by re upolstering the rear it will still keep its authentic look.

Im still trying to decide on what color carpet to get, I mean the inside metal is orange, the seats will be black so im thinking dark grey carpet. I went over on a car audio forum im on and asked around about some sound deadening stuff I can put on the floor under the carpet. I guess this is the top stuff now a days https://www.secondskinaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=ps&pg=1 , plus if your a member on www.caraudio.com you get a 20% discount. Its just that second skin has so many products its hard to choose what i want, its spendy but might be worth it in the end