Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

97 1/2 ton front diff seal

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by thezentree, Jun 24, 2004.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

my 97 yukon is leaking gear lube out of the front driverside diff seal. its also starting to tick somewhere in the front end with wheelspeed, so im guessing a bearing went bad and busted the seal.

anyway, how much should i expect to pay for this? its not something im comfortable doing, and im going on a road trip in the next couple of weeks. i called the only stealership around that does quality work (still pricey), and they quoted me $270 total for the seal.

help? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

sounds about right, its a sealed unit and real easy to replace yourself, eventually it will lock up on you so better get it fixed. They got us over a barrel with those, who hires these engineers?

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Do both driver and pass side i messed up on that only replaced my driver side its VERY Easy the whole front diff can be dropped in about 1 hour mabey less w/ air tools but get both seals fixed as now my pass side is leaking so sometime soon ill have to drop it agin.