Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

97 blazer question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pulser9, May 14, 2006.

1. pulser9

pulser9 Registered Member

Ok so i know its not a k5 but my friends mom has a 97 blazer 2 door with the 6 cyl. Well her engine blew so I asked her wat she was going to do with it and she siad try and sell it. So I offered her 900 for it. Everything works great besides the engine. OK and my grandfather has a SBC 350 that he had rebuilt when he put a crate motor in his truck. I talked to him and he said hed give it to me for free. So what i need to know is What would it take to put the 350 in the blazer. I know id prolly have to do new motor mounts but like what other kinda stuff.
    thanks
    kevin

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. pulser9

pulser9 Registered Member

ight thanks. if i do go threw with it i will probly be buying that book. My dad was just trying to tell me that you cant put a engine thats older then the truck in it because they wont pass inspection. So im going to check this out this. But if it is true i guess when i have to get it inspected ill just go to one of the shops that i know the guys at and get it inspected there.