Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

97 Sonoma truggy chassis

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by MNorby, Sep 23, 2012.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Selling my chassis from my 97 Sonoma truggy.
    $1000- Sonoma cab with custom rear ext cab storage box (empty) and no seats. Custom half doors with snap in clear inserts to kinda seal up cab. Get frame/exo cage tube work. Front leaf spring (52" chevys) setup with timbren bump stops (extra for 14" fox resi shocks). Rear link cross member and brackets.
    No lights or anything extra.
    $2000-Everything above plus the rear dual triangulated 4 link setp (2.5x.5 lower links with 3" ballistic joints and 2x.25 upper links with 1.25" heims) and 14 bolt rear axle housing with BTF truss/pinion gaurd (no gears, shafts, brakes)
    $4500-Everything above plus custom tuned mild built TBI 454, th400, 203/205 triple stick doubler and rear HID 1350 CV to 1410 axle end driveshaft.

What you won't get: front axle but any GM axle will bolt right in, front shaft, seats/harnesses but will leave seat frame so can run an aftermarket seat/harness or remove them and put stock S10 seats in, hydro steering components but mount and steering shaft will be left for a orbital valve or cut mount off and bolt a standard steering gear box back on for mechanical steering, no lights, batterys/switch, shocks, tires/wheels, winches, ect.

Rig works great with current setup, just outgrowing it. Located in Powell, Wy near yellowstone and Montana state line. I may be able to do some delivery too, I get to Cheyenne from time to time and Billings, Mt often.

Entertain partial trades for passenger drop 32 spline atlas case or 5.3/6.0 engine.

Build thread and tons of pics here: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776907

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some video:
    Helldorado Waterfall at Area BFE Moab Utah blazer bash 2012 - YouTube
    Matt up Rod Knocker 11-12-2011 - YouTube

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Huh? I've always loved this thing and you have it all dialed in... why not wheel it and not mess with it?
    Good deal for sure!

3. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

I assume you decided to build a bigger rig for your planned axle swap....:dunno:

4. MNorby

Sold the Sonoma minus axles, shocks, and some little stuff. Also sold the rockwells. Ordering a Goat Built Ibex tube chassis and sticking with my tons.

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Wow, can't wait to see that on the trails. I seriously considered buying your parts, but still undecided on what I want to do.

Those chassis look awesome!!!

6. mtnman

Did you go with the Base, Full tube or Complete kit? If they made a 6 seat version I would re-think my whole truck plan....:doah:

7. MNorby

Full tube kit.

8. mtnman

Sweet! :waytogo: