Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'97 Tahoe - Do the rear windows go down?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 72Blazerod, Aug 14, 2003.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

\'97 Tahoe - Do the rear windows go down?

We just bought a 1997 Tahoe four door and I just noticed that the rear windows (in the back doors) only go odwn about 4 inches. Is there a way to over ride this so they go down all the way? I saw a similar year Suburban the other day and its rear windows were down. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rod /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: \'97 Tahoe - Do the rear windows go down?

4 inches sounds wrong, but both of them go the same distance down? I would think if they went like half way then it would be child safety windows so kids can't climb out but I believe my buddy's mom's suburban goes all the way down.

3. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Yep, they both go down only part way (maybe 5 inches) but not half way down. I was thinking that there might be a switch or a technique that I had to do to make them go all the way down. I didn't see anything in owners manual but maybe I over looked it.

Rod

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

take a step back and look at the door, there is nowhere for the glass to go. my wife settled on a yukon when i was pushing for a new burb and we found that we hate that little issue. less back seat room, also. like i said in the other post- sucks, huh?

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    take a step back and look at the door, there is nowhere for the glass to go. my wife settled on a yukon when i was pushing for a new burb and we found that we hate that little issue. less back seat room, also. like i said in the other post- sucks, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. The cutout at the bottom of the door for the rear wheel well limits how far down the window can go. I bet you feel stupid now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Just another reason why Suburbans rule.

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. The cutout at the bottom of the door for the rear wheel well limits how far down the window can go.
    I bet you feel stupid now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hay ! Hay ! Hay, fawker... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Easy up on the stupid talk...
    I thought the samething when I first noticed it, too. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif