Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

97 tahoe tranny question???

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by bckinblk, Jul 23, 2002.

1. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Well after driving 539 miles to west virginia I started to notice that my tranny was shifting extremely hard. So I pulled over and found that my radiator was low on dexcool so I let it sit and filled it with water and it started shifting normally again .My question is could I have done any major damage to the tranny?? I since found that my radiator was leaking so I pulled it out and had it flow tested and sealed and I replaced the dexcool in it .It seems to be fine now but will I have to be replacing it soon ? what do yous think??? 1997 tahoe 5.7 4x4 with 107.000 miles on stock drive train.....thanks for any info in advance................

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

I doubt that you did any major damage to the transmission, if you don't know the service history of it, now would be a good time to get the transmission fluid and filter changed, most of the time you can get an idea of whats going on inside by looking at whats in the bottom of the pan when you change the filter.

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Double up on what '95 silverado said.

Pull the stick out and check the fluid. Low? High? or Burnt?