Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

97 Yukon Brake Controller

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by 88subby, Apr 22, 2006.

1. 88subby

88subby Newbie

I'm looking for help connecting my brake controller in my 97 Yukon. What wire do I tap into for the brake "signal" (turns on when I apply the brakes)? I tapped into the brake switch on my 88 suburban, but I can't even see a brake switch on the Yukon. The dealer has a pigtail, but it only works on the newer body (2000 up). Pictures of this body style and brake controller wiring would be helpful.

Thanks for any help.

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Look at the bulkhead connector. It is to the left of the drivers footwell. It has a few connectors plugged into it, and there are a few pins that have no connectors attached to them. Using a test light, check the pins to see what one lights up only when the brake is pressed. Then connect to this pin for your brake signal. The power for the brake controller should come off one of the 30A AUX lugs that are towards the back of the underhood fuse panel. I sold both of my older body style trucks, so I can't take a pic for you. If I can get a hold of my buddies truck, I'll try to snap some.