Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!976 Blazer Brake Lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ike, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ike

ike Registered Member

I just installed a 4' BDS lift on my 76 Blazer . Looks more like 6' I think they gave me the wrong kit..(looks good)
    . I need to buy some longer brake hoses..

Any tips on what brand name hoses to buy and or where to buy the hoses .. My local small 4x4 shop is lookin to Hose me $200+ for three hoses.. I can have a custom set made up for around $175 in Long Beach... I found a set at a store on the web after surfing for less then a min. for $81 ...Then I thought hey I know who to ask ....here I am.....I'll post pictures of the truck when its back together..Thanks :wink1:

2. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I did a 4" bds and thought it looked tall myself. Mine came with little L brackets to drop the end of the hard line and that works fine. I've got great articulation and no line probs. If you go with new ones just do what your doing, surf that web. I have made my own s/s braided,teflon lined lines but DOT would not approve I'm sure.

3. ike

ike Registered Member

Brake hoses

Yea my kit came with the L brackets to drop the metal lines but my hoses were not the best shape at the start of the kit install .. Then after having the diff. hang from them for months whille I put off finishing it up ,,, The hoses are done.. I needed to get the kit in... the truck is blocking my garage door and trapping my hotrods in !!

4. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Ahh.. I see, and trapped hotrods can get edgy, they need to be run hard on a daily basis. What do the normal oem replacement lines from raybestes or the like cost you? Thats how I would decide which lines to get. How big a $$ difference.

5. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

6. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alaska Rubber in Anchorage did mine for $50.00 (just the front two). But the flight up here would be cost-prohibitive.

7. ike

ike Registered Member

true but ..

I would like to go to Alaska anyway ....

8. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Come on up! If you drive up in June you could attend our anual meet and greet. The dates are June 9-11 at the Alaska State Fairgrounds in Palmer, just north of Anchorage. It's a fun time with seminars, trail runs, nice rigs, and good friends. It would be great to have more people from out of state attend! For more information, check out www.alaska4x4network.com and do a forum search in General Chit-Chat. Or go to http://www.akextreme4x4.com/meetngreet.htm

9. ike

ike Registered Member

brake hoses

Ok .. I have the part numbers. Are these just for the fronts ??? What about the rear... I have a dana 44 so I'll have to ream the caliper out right... not tap it ..just ream it for the end of the hose fitting Im guessing... And whats the banjo is this somthing I will need to replace.... Thanks for any help I'm hoping I wont have to go have a custom set made... thanks

10. ike

ike Registered Member

hose man

Ok Just got off the phone with a local shop... They charge $25 to $35 a hose ,, Custom made steel braided....;..

11. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

late model 3500hd brake hoses...Cheap at your local bonyard. Ream the hole to 7/16" to fit the D44 caliper banjo bolt. Biggest problem was finding a bit big enough. The banjo fitting is brass and the drill bits cut it easy. Just use a couple smaller sized bits to work up to 7/16". Make sure to de-burr the edge with a small round file too...

Did mine over a month ago and haven't leaked a drop. Truck stops just fine and I've rechecked it a few times just in case. Always dry...

12. ike

ike Registered Member

Your the cheapest

OK just tak them off a truck at pick a part ....even cheaper !!! your the cheapest ... Sounds even better.... What about the rear line ??