Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Seventy4Blazer, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Apr 21, 2001
    ok, i love my 96 like its my bitch. i take care of it better than most of my other rigs.....
    so last ngiht i go to borrow a trailer from a friend for my trip to hemet.
    bring the trailer home with no lights. drop trailer off, go to wallmart and get adaptor, come home, hook trailer back up, test lights. cool all is good. hook up chains break away kit... need to repair buddys break away cable, ok thats done... no big deal. time to drive around the block and park legaly in the road instead of having the truck in the road half way and the railer in the driveway... no start...
    check the battery, its good, TAD low but good. then i find i left the interior lights on for a few min, ok so the battery neds to be run a bit.
    check the wires, they are pristine. ok, selonoid on starter clicks... rap on starter a bit, no start.
    i was supposed to be half way to hemet by now, but im having a buddy pick me up and will be getting the ONLY starter in town for my truck. i checked online only to find that a fukn starter for this pig is 117.99 at the lowest cost and 300 at the highest. WTF man.. they are less common i know, but they are still inexpensive to make. a SBC starter is like 35 dollars last i checked.
    i had to borrow the cash to get it.

on a good note it is nice to work on something that is fairly clean and no rust. took me 15 min to pull the starter. i can only get one hand up in there. thats why it took so long.

thanks for letting me vent.
  2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Apr 7, 2002
    so u get it goin again? was the starter eh? heh..when mine when out it was on a trail ride..i had to come back the next mourning and replace it on a truck cacked with mud...in a walmart parking lot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif