Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

98 blazer motor mount problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cow killer, Jul 31, 2005.

1. cow killer

cow killer Registered Member

in my 98 4x4 5 speed blazer, i got me a probem. both motormounts are torn, and look like one helluva job to replace. any hints on how to do this? i plan on chanining down the engine after i do the mounts, so i dont have same problem. or maybe i should stop beating it, or start driving the ford again
    ! would be a little hard without an engine, but hell, it is ok.

2. LongIslander26

LongIslander26 1/2 ton status

Motor Mounts

We wouldn't want to see you suffering driving a Ford, to be sure! Motor mounts are easy. You just need to relieve the wait off the mounts, pull the long bolt out, undo the 3 on the block, and put the new ones in. You can get Polyurethane bushings which are much stouter than the factory originals, and save yourself having to chain it down. Energy Suspension Products makes good ones. Being an S-10 blazer, it is kinda hard to get your hands in where they need to be though, and you may have to remove the steering input shaft to do the drivers side.

3. cow killer

i aint stupid, i kown how to change em, quess i shoulda mentioned that. i was lookin for hints on how to get to em, since i can barely touch em. i will look into the steering shaft.

and i miss my ford. it is only a ford body

international at heart.

4. cow killer

btt..... any help? woulda posted this in the s10 section, but dont wana join. quess it is my problem.