Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

98 i think beretta with V6, fuel line hoses connections at top driver side

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 6, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

is there a common problem with fuel pressure hoses connections on the V6's in the 98 chevy FWD cars that they come off apart, especially the upper one- as mounted under hood, ?
    im just curious, because a lady was stopped a coupel blocks away as i was riding back to park the motorcycle and she asked me at the stop sign if i knew anything about cars, so i stopped and the hose end was uncoupled from the steel line going to the plenum at top of engine and was spraying fuel out bad, so i told her to let engine dry out and its re-connected but dont know if it will stay for long or not and to have it looked at, a local ford deal just put in a new battery for her and im thinking maybe they did something to the lines hoses because ive never seen that happen before, neither oen feels any soppier than the other after i plugged the disconnected one back on the line,

what do you think ?

i think it was a beretta, im pretty sure, not a cavalier i know,

thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: 98 i think beretta with V6, fuel line hoses connections at top driver s

I thought 96 was the last year of the Beretta, but I could be wrong. Just wondering why she would take a Beretta (Chevrolet) to a furd dealership for a batt. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

The discription doesn't match the car.

Newer model, 96 and up ?

Chevy V6 as you said - hope you got that right. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    Which means it's either a 3.1/3.4 or a 3.8 (the 3.8s usualy have a plastic engine cover that spans the distance, from V/C to V/C, drk gray in color)
    Luminas, Monte Carlos, are the only two options in the chevy line-up (other G.M.s cars are all pretty dawg-awn close, so the "make" doesn't realy matter as long as it was a G.M.)

The discription still doesn't match, either car/engine. If I'm reading it right.

So, I'm thinking it's prolly a ... Ford. Since she went to a Ford dealer.

Anyway,
    I'd take a shot in the dark and say.
    If it is a Ford, it might have those goofy Ford fuel line retainers, which are a snap-on E ring style. If any one of the 3-prongs are not engaged completly, they will pull off.
    (It's been awhile, like acouple of years, but that how I remember them being)