Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'99 K3500 Crew Cab Dually - IL

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by lt1yj, Jun 19, 2004.

1. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

\'99 K3500 Crew Cab Dually - IL

'99 Crew Cab Dually 65K miles $19,500 located near Joliet Illinois. Title in hand and ready for a new owner. I just bought a new house and it doesn't fit in the garage. I need to sell this to buy a crew cab short bed.

[​IMG]

I'm the second owner. I bought it just as it sits except I added the trailer brake controller and I removed the 4x4 sticker on the flares shown in the pic.

6" Superlift suspension lift, 35" Xterrains, Alcoa Aluminum wheels, Linex bedliner, fiberglass cap, remote start, alarm, FM modulator allows you to hook up any device with RCA jacks and have surround sound. Full power, cloth interior, carpets, CD, casset, excellent condition, 2 matching spares mounted on steel rims, hitch, trailer brakes, visor, cell phone booster, boost gauge, trans and engine temp gauges are installed but I haven't hooked them up yet. These three gauges are mounted on a pod on the drivers side A pillar. The pod needs to be color matched to the interior. Have the stock A pillar plastic if wanted.

Engine - 454, Mesa stainless headers, flowmaster dual exhaust, hypertech power programmer, air raid intake. It's run valvoline synthetic since I've owned it. PO ran Red line synthetic after 15K miles. Oil changed every 3000 miles since I've owned it.
    Trans - 4L80E - shifts modified to accomodate larger tires.
    Borg Warner Tcase.

Truck runs and drives great. Exhaust needs to be modified to install front driveshaft which I have. Obviously never off road. I've owned the truck for 2 1/2 years and put 30K on it. Towed my Jeep out west once for a total of 4000 miles towing. Rest of the time it was just a large commuter car for my wife and two kids.

Feel free to ask any questions. Will help with shipping or meet within 250 miles.

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: \'99 K3500 Crew Cab Dually - IL

very sharp mean looking rig, im not much into the 88-up trucks but this one is an exception /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    wish i was rich or id have it out here by now,,
    im right on by and past Joliet travelig up and down I-55 pretty often with my bro, , even probably will be by again tonight later on, or tommorrow night, one or the other, its about a once a week thing, sometimes a couple three times a week thing.

good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

Thanks. It's been completely trouble free and is great for long trips because of the room. As you'd expect it's excellent for towing. Completely stable and plenty of power. Temp gauge stays at 190 even in 95 degree weather.
    /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

4. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Very NICE!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    What kind of mileage does that bad boy get?

Also, what's the deal with the front shaft not being installed?

Thanks

Oh, and how long is the truck?

5. sandman500lt

sandman500lt Registered Member

When you lift that style truck the y-pipe needs to be modified to clear the front d-shaft

6. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

Mileage is 10-10.5 although last weekend I got 11 on a 250 mile trip. Towing mileage is around 8-8.5.

As was mentioned earlier the Y pipe needs to be modified because the lift kit lowers the front diff about 6". This puts the drive shaft right in the middle of the pipe. Since I only used it in the summer and fall I didn't feel the need to modify the exhaust or install the front drive shaft. Really a waste of 4x4 for me.

My new garage is 22x22 outside dimensions. I think that puts the inside dimension at 21' 6". The truck is approximately 1" longer.

I forgot to mention this has Pro Comp traction bars and a Lund visor too. It also has window shades and deep tinted glass on the sides and back. Grey interior in excellent shape with buckets up front and bench in rear. AM-FM Cassette/CD.

I will be out of town until Saturday and I will respond back then if you have any more questions.

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

If you were trying to sell this about 8 months from now I'd be buying.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

I'd love to keep it that long but I'll be in my new house in 2 months. This would be awesome for the move.

I forgot to mention another "feature". All trim/side mouldings/badging has been removed. Looks really clean. There is one bumper sticker on the hitch cross beam that says "Yes this is my truck, no I won't help you move!" It could be removed in a few minutes.

9. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

Bump

10. lt1yj

lt1yj 1/2 ton status

TTT