Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'99 Sub K2500 questions

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Allen, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Allen

Allen Registered Member

\'99 Sub K2500 questions

Hi guys! I just picked up my new-to-me Suburban to replace my '91 Sub V2500 smash-buggy (still for sale as a whole unit, by the way).

I now have a '99 GMC Sub K2500 SLT - fully loaded. It has 86K miles, but looks like it has maybe half that. I'm pretty excited about it, and will post some pics real soon.

My first questions.....

It has 86K miles on the sweet 454. Supposedly it has those GM "100K mile" spark plugs. Based on changing the platinum plugs like that on our Chrysler minivan van at about 90K miles and seeing the electrodes almost worn off, I don't have a lot of confidence in GM's claim for these.

So, when is the best time to change the plugs?

What is the best replacement?

How do you get at the plugs on the passenger side of the block? From the top, bottom, or through the wheel well. It looks pretty tight there.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

By the way, all the fluids in this rig are in super shape - all very fresh and all Mobil 1 synthetics. The only fluid change I need to do is change the oil. I'm loving that!

What other maintenance items should I consider? Wires? Coil (I can't even figure out where that is!)

Thanks for any help.

Allen

2. Allen

Allen Registered Member

Re: \'99 Sub K2500 questions

....just moving this back up to the top of the list.

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Re: \'99 Sub K2500 questions

Change the plugs now if you feel like it. I've never pulled plugs on a 96-up BB. So, I'm sorry I can't be of much help.

I'd recomend the standered tune-up.
    Cap/roter-plugs-wires. Stick with the O.E. parts. There is a differnce.

Really, thats about it, that I can think of.

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted