Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

99 Suburban Rear Heater Core HELP!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 9, 2006.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I am having a great deal of trouble getting off the lines to the heater core. They have some sort of hydraulic style line with a plastic clip that doesnt come off the way it looks like it does (if that makes any sense). If I knew how they worked it would deffinetly aid me.
    I got one off but was unsure how I did it.

this is definatly a pita!

I am pissed off that I have to drain out the a\c to replace it but i guess its better than having no heat in the winter and overheating.

I am desperatley in need of some help!

2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

well I finally got them off but I still dont know how maybe it was just a stroke of luck. now to drain the a\c and remove the rear evaporator line:doah:

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

looks like this isnt the most popular subject i guess everyone is old school. I dont blame you this newer stuff is designed to give anyone a hard time.

4. wetbackZO

wetbackZO 1/2 ton status

the refrigerant was recovered the correct way right???

5. twodollars

twodollars Registered Member

Just saw your post - had to do the same on mine this past summer to replace the A/C condensor. I couldn't get the fittings to release, too many years of salt hitting them. I cut them, and used a combinaton of brass compression fittings and heater hose to hook it back up. But yeah, it is a pain in the ass. My A/C lines were the same story - had to cut and piece it back together.