Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!993 Ford Ranger A4LD Transmission

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by rebelrockin, Mar 12, 2003.

1. rebelrockin

rebelrockin 1/2 ton status

Dec 22, 2002
    I just had a girlfriend call me, she had her transmision re built in her 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 8 months ago, she just lost reverse and one other gear. She said that it is an A4LD 4 speed automatic. would anyone know of where we could get one, the warranty is up on this one and they want 1200.00 plus to rebuild it and take it in and out. She is a single gal just starting out in Vet school, but If some one could tell me where we might go to get her a better deal or some one has one for sale I would appreciate it very much. I keep telling her to buy a chevy, I think she is catching on since it hasn't even been a year since the out fit rebuilt it. At least she is paying her way but has no wheels to get to school now and work afterwards. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Jun 9, 2002
    $1200 would buy a decent late 1980's/early 1990's S10 4x4 pickup...

But for the Ford Ebay transmission
  3. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

My girlfriend had a 1991 explorer and it lost revrse so she had to pay 2500 to have it rebuilt with a 3 year warranty. Ask people about those tranys and after being rebuilt they genrally only last 10k, my advice is dont throw any more money into it unless you find a rewally cheap one, then get rid of it quick. my .02.