Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A $100 1991 Firebird

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by BowtieBlazer, Dec 23, 2004.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

The heavens opened up and out fell a firebird. Last night a new employee at work was helping a customer with an alt. for a 86 firbird when he said well shoot i'll sell you the alt. off my 91, hell for $100 you can take the whole car the motor is blown and I have to move at the end of this month. I looked over at the new guy and said "sold", sight unseen how bad could it be....I start inquirign more, hows the body? "Oh its straight a few paint chips on the hood and some minor oxidation behind the t-tops" T-tops! "yep, $100 and its yours" Tell me more... "Its red, the paint wass perfect until someone left a smudge on it in the school parking lot, i drove it for awhile and one day the motor locked up, i can't afford the $1500 for a new motor and I'm moving at the end of the month and it has to go." I went look at it last night HOLY CRAP! I told him, man I don't want you to just give it away even with a blown motor its worth something, he said "$100 and its yours" today i gave him $100 and he signed the title over.

its a 1991, not a dent in it, some oxidation, front seats out of a 93, blown 305, I have a 330hp 350 sitting from a blazer project, that I can adapt to the TBI manifold, my favorite is a 5 speed manual.......well here's the pics...I like that kind of luck!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Thats got to be the best looking $100 firebird that I have ever seen. You got lucky man.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That's a sweet looking rig for $100! I'd spend a hundred bux on that. :)

One thing to consider though, if it's a 5-speed. GM didn't offer those cars with a 5-speed behind the TPI 350 because it was too fragile. :( The 5-speed could only be had with the 305's. The ol' memory banks are kinda foggy, but I seem to recall that they also didn't offer the 350 with T-tops for many years, as the torque would tend to twist the unibody when the T-tops were removed. :yikes:

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sold one that looked a lot like that a while back. Except it was black and had a sun roof(no t tops) 305 TBI. Was a sharp car except it needed a paintjob. It started, but didn't drive, sounded like the flexplate was done, made a nasty noise when it ran. Didn't care enough about it. Have a 69 Firebird sitting in the driveway, it would just be wrong to finish a 91 before the 69. Now go buy the motor mount kits they sell and put some real WomPom power under the hood 455 :D

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Great find!

6. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Why the hell dont I ever get deals like this???? I swear I will spend the rest of my life paying full price for EVERYTHING!!!!! lol :D

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Hows the bird coming? I wish I would run across a deal like that, or that c-10 in the back ground of the first pic!

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

the bird is running, and about to be sold to a buddy, the motor wasn't even blown, just run low on oil.....runs and drives, try that for $100....

the c-10 in the back ground is my current DD until the blazer gets fixed

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Man what a deal.... Nice c-10 once again....

10. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

My friends 87 Z28 had a .040" 350 swapped into it, no problems with the t-tops that I was aware of, atleast nothing we noticed.

Motor had a 625cfm demon carb, Edelbrock Performer intake, Comp Cams XE262 cam, headers and exhaust.

So you just threw some oil in the motor and that made it run? I can't see a motor run low on oil running again without a rebuild, usually that means seizure and motors that seize don't ever run again.