Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A 208 is a direct bolt in place of a 241

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Jun 19, 2002.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

** I just got a donor 208 (Thanks Billy.. now I have a bit of Baloo in my Blazer)..
    It bolted right in.. no problems.. no modifications.
    Only difference in a 208 and a 241.. it the tail shaft housing, the 208 is all 1 piece.. the 241 is a two piece.
    And the 208 does not have a vent tube.. the 241 does..

Thank you to my wife.. who was a grease monkey right along with me.. and not letting the tranny and t-case fall on my chest.. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I love you Pamela...

I can't thank you enough Billy for all your help in getting the truck back on the road.. having Damon rebuild the 700r for me.. and you going above and beyond in making sure I had the supplies and tools to do the job right.
    And helping me get my detent cable adjusted.. you are the man.. !!! /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I have a 208 I can install on my 89 with a 700r4. I took out my 241 to have it rebuilt..
    Will the 208 bolt in without any problems? I only notice one difference.. it's the input area where the tranny meet's the t-case.. the 208 look's like it has a external seal by the input shaft.. and the 241 does not have one..
    Thanks.. Need to know pretty quick..

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Re: Will a 208 be a direct fit for replacing a 241 temporarily? Need answerASAP

Wish I could tell you, but I am very interested in how your swap comes out, cause I want to do just the opposite - swap out my 208 for a 241!

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am told it is a direct swap.

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

to the top.... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I've got a vent tube in my 208. What year did yours come out of?

6. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Billy .. what year did the 208 come out of?
    I couldn't find the vent tube... my 241 had one though.