Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A 6.2 in perfect condition- how much does it move around at idle?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by FWP, Jul 11, 2005.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Say sitting in neutral, warmed up and all that. Does it shake a bit, like a missing SBC? I've always been curious about this. The motor mounts are ok, and I've loosened the injector lines at the injectors awhile back (ok there too). Just curious.

2. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

Mine jiggles quite a bit. I dont know if its in "perfect" condition,but its in good "nuf" condition.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Mine vibrates, but its not in perfect condition, hardly even good condition. But, every IDI Ford, 7.3 powerstroke, and 6.5TD truck i have been in all have that slight "miss" to them.

4. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

mine moves alot

my 6.2 moves quiet a bit, i know this because if you look at the passenger side frame rail on the side of the motor, there are gouges from where the exhuast manifold bolts hit. somethings not right, i know, but i don't really care right now.

5. FWP

FWP CRS

OK, good info. Maybe I will re-phrase- Who here has had a NEW 6.2 from the factory? Or are all here second hand owners?.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'd say the two guys that would closest match that criteria would be Casey (Arveetek) or David (Agdieseler) who have both recently completely rebuilt their 6.2's and added turbo's.

My 6.2 doesn't hardly move when running at idle, it certainly doens't rock back and forth or anything near that.

Rene

7. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Mine doesn't move much at all. I believe that the internal balancing plays a big role. Pistons and pins are within 1 gram, and rods within 2 grams.

8. dlaw36

dlaw36 Registered Member

I bought a brand new from GM a 6.2 to replace my old one a few years back. It shakes less now than before, but still shakes.