Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A 85 K20 with 454 and air

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nikk, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

I'm thinking of installing a 454 thats in the garage to replace a 350 that runs good but has one weak cylider. I'm wondering if my AC compressor will bolt up on the same side (drivers). I already have a big block power steering pump bracket so that wont be a problem. Is there any thing else I should be aware of. Pics of a big block installed with AC (with the small compressor) in someones truck would be a big help! Thanks

2. Nikk

Nikk Registered Member

TTT

3. aahomerepair

aahomerepair Registered Member

i can't help with the pic's of the small comp.but all the
    bb mount's are different that the sb,i have the long comp.on my 454 and i like them better and they are cheaper to replace 99.00 unlike 180-250 and if you don't have all
    the mount's yet the junk yard's are going to rape you

4. Miller

Miller Registered Member

what do you mean its got one week cylinder, how much weaker, bet you did a compression check to come up with that conclusion.

Id look to other places for a low compression reading if that was infact what your thinkn by a weak cylinder.