Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A bad day!!! UPDATED

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer72, Oct 6, 2001.

1. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Well went ot Layne's today to help pull out his slush box of a trany for a real one, NV4500. Went to grab some lunch with Brent and bang.... water all over the place!!!!!! Plus it stoped running. Costed to the side off the road and opened the hood to find the Water pump in 2 parts!!! The belt driven fan in to the Elect. ones on the back of the rad. parts of the water pump casting here and there. The upper right corner of the BLOCK were the water pump bolted on BROKEN OFF! If any one ever EVER thinks of using the MARCH PULLEY set DON'T DO IT. I have not as yet done anything more than get it home and cry.... We think the block can be fixed and the pump made to seal on it maybe but the new edelbrock pump is gone. One of the 4 water pump bolts is even snaped off in the block. Plus the belt driven fan is bent too,

Ok with some help from Layne found a kit for GM's belt drive! for 300.00 you get water pump, lt and rt brackets, all the pulleys. most of the bolts even, my stock PS pump bolts up the CS-144 alt bolts up. That 3 for 4! Have to get the late model a/c comp. is all but for now I'm running the GM pulley taht replace the a/c. This is a very good kit comes with all the goodes for 450 you can get every thing but the A/C comp. for 680 you can get it all Much better than the March pulley thing i was running. All the part are new GM by the way. THis is the car setup which means my TPI clears!!! I got my local GM dealer to meet the web site price by the way, ordered it monday got it to day. Here the web site http://www.paceparts.com/Serpentine Belt Drive Systems.htm

72 Blazer CST 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205
    01 Suburban 2500 4X4 8100
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by blazer72 on 10/10/01 09:29 PM.</FONT></P>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: A bad day!!!

Why do you think the pully caused the problem? It sounds like that might have been caused by the water pump.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Geez Ken,

I hope you can get it fixed before the run. I think I agree, it sounds like the water pump locked up.

Give me a call.

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Well it was the pump that broke first though the March drive set did not help any. I think I can fix the block to get the water pump to seal after I retap the rt side holes. GM is selling a stock 1 belt drive set for 300 with the water pump and all the bolt even. Have to reinvent the mounts for the york and change the type of a/c compresser.

6. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

TTT