Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a ban on brush guards IN NY

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

plows are next...

I didn't read the link,but I wouldnt doubt it..I've heard the older Fisher style headgear on plow trucks are supposedly illegal in MA,or are about to be..too many people getting injured or killed when the "triangle" comes thru the window of a car in a T bone crash....I have one on my truck!...I also heard your supposed to have a separate insurance policy for just the plow..not sure if its only for commercial use,or applies to everyone..:(

They stay awake nights here, thinking of more stuff to screw us out of our money...:mad:

3. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Typical NY BS. The 5000# truck pushing a solid bumper crushing the soda can little import has nothing to do with the equations apparently:screwy:

The crumple zones are not designed for the OTHER car. They absord energy to protect the occupant of the car that is crushing not the one being hit. ****ING RETARDED. Sorry for the rant. I think I need a beer.

The snow plow OK, i can see the need for the insurance. That is a heavy solid piece of metal. Brush guards have VERY LITTLE affect on what those horses asses are talking about.

4. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

that sucks up here in upstate NY everybody has them because the damn dumb deer like to run out in front of ya. usually happens to me once every couple of years so they better not enforce this law up here.

5. AZ79K5Project

As messed up as NY can be, I miss it.

I used to live in Watertown. Left 27 years ago with my family. I had a lot of fun as kid up there. Used to boat and snomobile on Lake Ontario. Every summer up to the St. Lawrence, BEAUTIFUL country.:bow:

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

what about factory installed cucv gaurds? :confused: :D

7. viperrgh20

viperrgh20 Registered Member

well thats a load of BS... I find it hard to bealive it will pass and be fully enforced.. dought there gonna make all the 301932193 people with bush guards take em off... maybe it will just be illegal to sell cars with them and to sell new bush guards..

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hmm me, brett and Kert were just talkin about this yesterday, build a truck so bullet proof you only need liability insureance

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like the "justification" -

Somehow, I think that the only "crumple zone" that my Burb is the area directly in front of it ....

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

look for the auto-body industry to be funding this bill somehow. Those clowns LOVE crumple zones and any other kind of useless front end tech. The bigger the damage, the more $ for them. I read a test where they took new (think it was 2005 at the time) fullsize trucks and ran them into poles and walls at 5 mph... damage was over $5000 in every collision... sometimes way more than that. What a joke. Not that 99% of "brush guards" do much to protect a front end either...

j

11. grizzlyoffroad

grizzlyoffroad 1/2 ton status

What next? Are they going to outlaw all trucks and even hummers with factory installed brush gaurds? Soon we will only be able to use trucks on the farm? The whole reason I put my family in tough vehicles is becasue of just that...they're tough, why should I be responsible for everyone else's safety in their hybrids and compacts?

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

well if we are going to use that reasoning, we should ban hybrids/compacts also... they are killing machines if you are on a motorcycle.

I work in downtown Portland... where bicycles own the road (ie they do whatever they want, and cops NEVER give them tickets)... maybe we should just ban all motorized traffic and paint a whole bunch more lines on the road to make 3' wide lanes. :rolleyes:

One has to wonder how the morons who come up with this crap think their food gets to the grocery store...

j

13. duanel

duanel Registered Member

damn in spokane valley I have been pulled over at least three times on a bicycle.

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well ain't that just dandy... If I buy an old truck with one already on it, it's grandfathered, right?

15. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i say to hell with there crumple zones, i guess i will just make the bumper out of 1/2" instaed of 3/8" that should crumple most cars

16. AZ79K5Project

:haha::haha::haha:

17. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i prefer to have the truck kill the deer not the deer kill my truck ;o

18. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Did the word "crumple zone" exist when our trucks were made? I doubt it. even if it did, the steel bumpers they put on from the factory were not modeled to "crumple". If you hit something hard enough to severely deform the bumper, an "energy absorbing" front end would not be any better IMO.

19. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It is a lot easier than hunting though I do tell you that. ;)

20. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

how can this apply to vechicles that lack a crumple zone....:confused::rolleyes: