Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a big question for those who know me a little

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by supersize75k5, Aug 26, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I am at a cross roads with my trucks right now...

One side says get the buggy started and quit wasting time, nice to have a purpose built buggy rather then a daily driver with compromises.

then I think...save my money and try to keep the 86 clean and dent free and just wheel it and be happy. Then again I think Fred was thinking this for his k5 at a point in time. Look at it now, so was Harley /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Then I have this little pick up/hot rod project I am knee deep in, I decided to put the big block in it so I can have the hp and smiles I want. I also will break fewer parts and can drive it around town anytime.

I don’t Know, Maybe I should wheel the 86 lightly while I am finishing the pick up/hot rod project and then dig in on a tube buggy project?

I just don’t want to tear this truck up since I want to sell or trade it later on for a pick up I can tow with /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

The 86 is locked front and rear/3/4 tons and a good/ok crawl ratio with the sm465 and 205 and now is on 36 inch tsl's...sounds like a wheeler not a dd, the paint didn’t turn out as nice I had planned but I hate to see it tore up just because I am not in love with the truck:o

[​IMG]

Maybe just go with the one project at a time thing? Or just stick with the less hardcore wheelers and forget about the tube buggy, then I would have a street legal wheeler and a hotrod/pick up. Or maybe I just don’t want to spend the money on a buggy right now /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

just want opinions from those who might know me, ot those who have been there /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The thing you don't know is Fred has a clean DD truck too along with a tow rig. He has a nice Yellow K10 pickup for his light duty wheeler DD. His Blazer was supposed to stay clean too but that didn't stay that way, neither did mine.

With 2 lockers you WONT keep the truck clean if you want to do what the truck is capable of. Trust me I know. One project at a time is a good idea. If you want the go fast toy and have already started it then finish it. Then start a hardcore wheeler.

Harley

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Oh ya, I also have my clean DD wheeler. My Jeep. I drive it every day and I am going to start restoring it when I get motivated. I refuse to modify the drivetrain or dent it up. It won't be a total resto, but more a resto wheeler. Clean up the body some, reinforce the tire carrier & roll cage, freshen the paint if I get froggy, and make it a little cleaner then it is now.

Harley

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Wheel it lightly , keep it clean . There is no shame riding with someone on harder stuff until you can . Make a great driver/wheeler/camping rig .

When you complete the street truck , leave the big block in it . You will be just as happy with a lighter motor in a truggy/buggy with decent power and gearing will make up for it .

Stick to something and have fun with it . I haven't known you long , but I have yet to see you keep one truck in one piece long enough to enjoy it . Take the 86 and enjoy it , take the rod and enjoy it , wheel hard stuff when you have time for the buggy thingy . You have many years ahead of you yet , enjoy them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

paul has a very good point shawn, u are still young and have plenty of time(so am i). im very glad that u are geting your head put back on your body and not keeping in the clouds,at one time i think u had 6 project ideas in your head at one time. its like walking...one foot at a time, one project at time, try walking with two feet at a time it dosent work out verywell. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Isn't walking two feet at a time called hopping? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

thats my point with shawn, hopping from project to project at the same time never works out. some people can hop but i know i can't.

8. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

See I'm smart. I intuitively knew the point you were tryin to make and I helped ya out by stating it plainly.

Ok, ok I'm done pattin myself on the back. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    See I'm smart. I intuitively knew the point you were tryin to make and I helped ya out by stating it plainly.

Ok, ok I'm done pattin myself on the back. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

good job!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif