Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Big Thanks to Moneypit (Toby)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Storm Trooper, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    What a guy and his wife Dawn too!
    The story....
    My wife, son and I where going to Denver the other weekend to help my daughter move into a new apartment. I was driving my van and pulling my 4-place enclosed trailer. When we got to C470 and Kipling the truck stalled and wouldn't start. I had one gas tank on empty and the other full so I thought the change over valve had gone so I walk to a gas station and got so gas (4:00 PM). We managed to get it off the highway and to the station but after filling it up it still wouldn't run hardly. I called Toby for some help because I had no tools on me /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. He told me about a Checkers at Bowles & Wadsworth so I tried heading there at 5 MPH. It took me about an 1-1/2 to get two miles! I called him on the way and he dropped everything and headed over. We talked about it and determined that it was my Cat on the truck. With his help and tools I spent the next 5-6 hours under the truck taking the exshaut a part but due to all the BS, I couldn't get it all a part to clear it. It started snowing around 10PM and I finally gave up and started putting it back together while leaving a space between the manifold pipes and the Cat so it would run ( I was freezing, greasy and the water was starting to run under the truck! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif) I finnally got it back together about 11:30 that night, and said goodbye.About 3 inches had fallin in the final hour. Toby and Dawn stayed with me the whole time to help /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif.
    I went and moved my daughter, headed back up with the loud van. We made it into the tunnel and thought we were home free when the van slipped into neutal... WTF! I made it to the end of the tunnel but the trailer was still in it! I switched into low range, got going and coasted down the mountain. We made it home around 4:00 AM. Dam
    Turns out the exshaut had heated up and cooked the transfer case I had just rebuilt two months before. I just pulled it out last night for another rebuild. Anyway, it was a tough night and if it wasn't for Toby & Dawn, It would have been much worst. THANKS YOU GUYS, YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Your Bud, Dave

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Anytime. I figure/hope someone would do the same if it were me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif + we don't get to see you mountain boys often /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just payin back the favors that everyone else owes you from MOAB! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Storm Trooper

You know I would! I owe you a big one /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif.
    As for Moab, we all just do what we can to keep each other going and I think I owe more CK5 guys a favor out there then they owe me. Like the time we changed my clutch out in the parking lot until 3:00am /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. We all make one hell of a pit crew! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Thanks again bud!!!!

4. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Just keep the drinks coming for Dawn and I will owe you! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Yaeh I had already forgotten about that one. I remember towing ya and some crazy fool(Edd) in a K5 with a stuck throttle passed us just as we hit town. Yep that was a long night. Too bad I put mine on its side that trip. BTW its in the Body shop again. Some jerk hit my trailer in front of my house and slammed it into the K5 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Can you say frame damage.... They think the trailer that is only 5 weeks old is totalled. He had no licence, insurance, false tags and a careless driving ticket and the police let him walk home. What ever happenned to being arrested??? Lakewood's finest. Must have been late for donuts and coffee with the rest of the force. Thank God for insurance!!! Hope I get a new one or mine fixed soon. As for the K5 well they can't seem to get the frame measured so who know when I will get it back. ORD shackle flip,alcans etc are all bent too.

5. Storm Trooper

Dam that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I think your truck would be safer out wheeling with us in Moab. At least you could be the one to bend it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. And I thought I was the only one having bad luck this month. You though the buggy would be the one to take the damage so the moneypit could stay clean.... Maybe you should have them rename your street to Carnage Lane /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif. I Hope the insurance co. does you right. Seems like they always try to get out of paying the real price. I wish you luck and hope it all works out good. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    I REALLY hope we both have better luck next month.

6. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

Ya, I still owe Toby for my "little" mishap at S.C., Sorry to hear about your rig and trailer, man that really sucks!!!