Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A bit of friendly advice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Jul 7, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

well once again i'm having trouble sleeping. and you guys all know my mind thinks of weird things at time like this. and after doing some reflecting. i offer you a bit of friendly advice

If you don't already have it. I highly reccomed looking into and getting "supplemental insurance" I don't care how young or how old you are. you never know what and when something could happen to you.

Look at me for example. a 27 year old, who 9 months ago had a nice job, making decent money as a mechanic. Happy as can be, had 10+ grand in tools, a nice place to live, friends all over the place, wheeling at least three times a week. Deeply in love with the worlds most beautiful girl, who was also in love with me. making all kinds of plans for the future. Laughing and smiling all the time. then the next day i was on the ground having a seizure, and end up in the hospital and find out that I have a brain disease that cannot (at this point) be cured.

I lost everything..

and since i was making decent money, i get the "maxium" disability amount offered. and its no where near enough. i am living on $2400 a month LESS than i was 9 months ago..talk about a shock and change. and as some of you know, i'm struggling day to day with what little i get.

and i was thinking and i realized that if i had "supplemental insurance" i would be getting more money, and things wouldn't be great or pefect, but it would difenatly help, and i would be a little more "comfortable"

and like they say "hind sight is 20/20" and at one time i was offered a "supplemental insurance" plan though my work. it wasn't much, but i would be getting an extra $1200 a month right now if i did take it. but i thought "I don't need that, I'm young and healthy, nothing is going to happen to me, plus i rather spend that 30 bucks a month on something fun that i can use now".....boy do i feel dumb

so take my advice and look at me for an example..you never know what, when, where, or how....make sure you and you loved ones (if you have them) are and will be taken care of..and your never to young to start..