Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A bit of luck!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Sep 8, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Well it just goes to show you the sun does shine on a dogs a@# some times!

Today it was time to install my hood on the blazer, the hood, fenders, hood hinges, and core support are all from seperate trucks, I bolted up the hinges and then the hood, gave the hood bolts a good snugging, closed the hood to check the gaps, and VIOLA, the hood was perfectly aligned! Now if that isn't some luck i dont know what is. Oh did i mention i put the hood on by my self? Boy that sun sure felt good![​IMG][​IMG].
    Have a good one, Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

The same thing happened to me when I installed my new motor, It dropped right on the motor mounts on the first try. I've heard this can be a bitch, it was my first time doing a swap too.....felt pretty damn lucky.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

3. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

you're both lucky, I spent a day trying to get my motor to line up to the mounts, and an hour trying to get my hood to line up right
    <font color=green>I'm envious</font color=green>
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

4. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I did the exact same thing last weekend, by myself too. Unfortunately, I realized that the "grill" in front of the windshield won't go on with the hood on and the second time around it took forever, even with help! I guess I'm not that lucky.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org