Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Blazer Chalet in my neighborhood

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Dec 15, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

For the past few months, I've noticed a Blazer Chalet on the next block down (parked at the "Dodge Guy"s house; I'm the Chevy guy in the neighborhood... he has almost as many rigs and as much stuff in his yard, just all Dodge and Chrysler).

I wonder if I should go ask him what the deal is with it. I find it odd to see a GM vehicle around his yard. He's driven it a few times from the back yard to the front on the street. Wonder if it's for sale.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Well,should you,or shouldnt you??

The Blazer Chalet's always kind of puzzled me--I saw a new one at the chevy dealership my brother worked at when they first came out (1978 I think)--and I thought they were pretty cool rigs!--the one I saw was bought by a local fireman as a leftover--it actually hadnt sold!--it had a 400 small block,all the power windows and A/C,all the toys......

But how come every K5 I've ever owned,or seen in the scrapyards says on the glove box door "DO NOT USE TO CARRY A SLIDE IN CAMPER",,,,when the Chalet is basically the same thing??--its OK as long as its the factory doing it,but not you??:confused:

I see no reason why a K5 would not carry a slide in camper,I realize the short wheelbase and high center of gravity is a concern,but if you drive it accordingly,and dont go getting it too off camber off road,or go flying around corners with it,it would be just fine--I've never understood the "warning labels"!!...

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The Chalet was a package including HD suspension parts. It was desigend to be extra light and to FIT a K5 including bolting on like the factory top. Its not a slide in because it wouldnt work on a PU.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Watch out, you're going to whip Dremu into a frenzy......... :saweet: :woot:

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

or azblazer.

Nah, 1.5 Chalets is enough for me at the moment. Now, parts to complete my .5 would be nice ... but then I'd hafta get a truck to put it on ... and I'm at five vehicles right now, which, while not mountainexplorer territory ... is enough.

-- A