Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A buddy of mine is in the hospital

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Mar 21, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Some drunk idiot thought it'd be a good idea to break one of those pool table sticks over his head. It cracked his head wide open. So the hospital stitched him up and told him if he feels dizzy or anything to come straight back and they sent him home. The next day he got up to get something and his roomates heard a 'thud' and thought he dropped something. They waited a few minutes and when he didn't come back, they went to check on him and he was passed out on the floor. So, they took him to the hospital and the hospital care flighted him to a Ft Worth hospital. He had Stage 2 (stage 3 is the worst) bleeding of the brain and they said his skull was broken (I'm thinking, why the hell didn't the first hospital check for that?). I just got word that he's now out of ICU thank God.

But this whole thing started cause the drunk bastard came and knocked all their pool balls of the pool table they were playing at! And it pissed Todd off and he told the drunk idiot to give him his money back for the game. It escelated from there. The drunk fawker is in jail. I for one would like to pay him a visit and say, "Hey..what's up?" *THWACK with a header* /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

And of all people! You don't want to do something like that to Todd cause the town practically knows him and loves him! That drunk bastard better hope he gets to be in jail for a long long time cause he'll get his a$$ kicked or even killed!

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

really sorry to hear about your friend todd. I hope he makes a full recovery at some point soon.

Whether he does or not, it seems to me that he has a VERY legit legal claim against the 1st hospital he went to. Its not like a fractured skull should be hard to miss, especially since it was clear where the injury was etc. Im not a lawyer, but it seems that he oughta be able to sue the poop out of the dr that treated/examined him the 1st time.

As far as the bad guy... i am a big believer in an eye-for-an-eye... should you ever find yourself alone with that idiot, give him a swift kick to the ribs for me (while hes on the ground after being smacked silly). Bring friends, bring a bat... he needs to get smacked, BAD. If there is one thing I hate, its senseless-drunken violence. A small brawl or drunken wrestling that results in a black eye or two is one thing, but fracturing someones skull with a pool stick is a whole new ball game.

J

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sorry 'bout yer bud.......he ain't the F-rod guy who was with you at On The Border is it?......Here's hopin' for a quick recovery.....and here's also hopin' that drunk gets to be some guy's "body buddy" while he's in jail.......

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Your friend should file a criminal complaint against the guy (at least battery) and press charges. Then maybe the drunk will understand that there are consequences to one's actions.

5. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your friend Lara. I hope he pulls through this okay. I will keep in my thoughts and in my prayers.

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Bummer, getting hit over the head is scary stuff. I hope it all turns out ok for him.

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I'd like to get a hold of that A-hole and beat his ass good !

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel. A buddy of mine stepped in to help break up an argument in a club and ended up getting his head slamed up against a fire hydrant! We spent the next 24 hours with him in the ER/ICU. It seems the innocent are the ones that pay....

Hang in there - both of you!

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> He's pressing charges right ? That guy should NEVER get away with that ! Some people need to be taken down a few notches ........ I hate people who think they can just mess with anybody they want to with no reprocussions !

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

No, it's a different guy...not the twerp we brought with us /forums/images/icons/wink.gif lol! That was Dan.

I'm sure he's going to press charges. Right now though, he's just getting better. What sucks for the idiot with his ass in jail is that lots of people will be 'pressing charges' of their own, ya know? That idiot is going to get hurt by someone. There are lots of people here that are equally as dumb as he is LOL! What sucks is the guy was prolly too drunk to remember anything or something and has no idea why he's in jail /forums/images/icons/mad.gif