Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A busy weekend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Donna, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Well Wayne and I had a pretty busy weekend. We got most of Mighty Mouse( his Jimmy) pulled apart since most of the parts were recently sold on Ebay. And we began tearing aprat my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif It is now sitting in my driveway on jackstands....and tires in pieces. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I spent most of the weekend sanding and painting axels and bumpers. The D60 is done and ready to bolt in. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif The 14B needs a second coat of paint which it will get tomorrow. The bumpers....well those are turning into a huge PITA!!!! I had to sand them because they were the Warn bumper and big beefy rear bumper off of Wayne's Jimmy and he had them painted black. Well I wanted them silver (kinda chrome looking). So I sanded them on Saturday and Wayne put paint on them to keep them protected from moisture Saturday night since they would be sitting outside. Sunday they looked good. He went to clear coat them and it lifted the freakin paint. Now the $hit won't set hard and it is blistering and peeling. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So I spent most of today stripping (not sanding) the peeling paint so that I can resand and repaint them this week sometime. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I will have some pictures to post in the next few days. I just have a list of things a mile long that I need to get done this week and that's one of the things kinda lower on the list.

I will keep everybody updated on the progress and definately let everyone know when we are done.

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

that sux /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif been there done that and cussed at it too. I am no painter for sure.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

What did you paint your axles with?
    I'll be painting axles this summer and am looking for a paint that's going to protect and look good a little longer than a few months. I was thinking Rustoleum Black spray paint. (And to the others that have suggestions...yes, I know about POR15, but that's not going to happen)

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I've just finished painting my 14BFF with black engine enamel. It resists heat and dries to a nice hard glossy finish. We'll see how that finish lasts through the first salty Iowa winter. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I've just finished painting my 14BFF with black engine enamel. It resists heat and dries to a nice hard glossy finish. We'll see how that finish lasts through the first salty Iowa winter. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Rustoleum Black spray paint.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what we used. Semi gloss black. The paint for the bumpers we used was the same brand but in silver. Their clear sucks wind though. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif