Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a/c blower motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, Jun 29, 2006.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

my a/c only works on high any lower positiona nd it doesnt work. and its not the resistor.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had the same problem yesterday. The switch was dirty. It looked clean enough, but a squirt of electrical cleaner later I am good to go.

3. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

naw that wasnt my problem lol i found its my relay to my ac the little box that is right before the motor screwed to the side of the a/c box

4. r3r3r

r3r3r Newbie

I had a similar problem on my 1991 (K5/1500 series) Blazer this morning. The fan would only run on low, and none of the switch settings seemed to be working. It worked fine last time I checked, but it doesn't get too hot here in Santa Cruz... Since we are preparing for a long trip (into the desert, etc.) I wanted to get the fan working again right away.

So, I took everything apart (including the dash bezel to get to the fan switch in the heat/ac controls) and checked for worn and loose connections on all the electrical connectors. I checked the resistor, and even though it was rusty, all of the springs were intact.

Then I cleaned all of the connections (relay/resistor/switch) and tested it again a few times. All 4 speeds working fine. I put it back together and I'm ready to roll. ;)

5. blaznjon

blaznjon 1/2 ton status

Go ahead and replace the relay.Cleaning the contacts is only a temporary fix.