Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C Blowig Weak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nvrenuf, Jul 16, 2003.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The a/c in my truck is cold but it seems to blow weak. i just replaced the blower motor (the old one blew fine but made a growling noise) and it seems a little stronger but it still doesn't seem right. I noticed today that there is cold air coming out of the center floor vent (over tranny hump) as well as all of the dash vents, is this correct? I've never paid attention before so I don't know it I should have a/c blowing down low or if maybe a duct door is open when it shouldn't be.

On a truck with healthy a/c should I expect it to blow hard enough to make my hair move? Right now I find myself leaving the a/c on MAX and the blower on HIGH all the time to stay on the cool side of comfortable.

FYI - the truck has R134A but again it does blow cold, just not hard.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

It's fairly common that when you have problems with the AC setups, it has to do with the blend doors, either they get stuck, or the vacuum switch on the control head has problems.