Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a/c blows...but not real hard, still sweatin in the ole truck.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 01maroonz71, Mar 15, 2007.

1. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

well, the a/c works...but when it's on norm it seems to blow more/colder than max. and either option doesn't blow very hard. definately not as hard as my dads 84 K15 that he just bought. anybody have any clue? also...b/c of my cam, it won't switch from defrost to vents unless i get the vac up to like 15 for a few seconds(rev it a few seconds) no biggie...but could the two be related???? the air is cold, just doesn't blow hard.

2. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

try checking for debris in the vents and the heater/ac box itself. I pulled out a couple pounds of leaves and now my heater blows hard. There is also some lame seals that go out making the air leak out of the box causing the air to come out slow. Also door weather striping and floor sealing work hand in hand with the a/c system. Also does the a/c system have a full charge of r12? Max ac means it recirculates the air from inside the cab so check the vents for that as well.

3. 01maroonz71

01maroonz71 1/2 ton status

awesome man...ill check those tomm. i dunno if this has something to do with ti, but the last couple times i washed my rig, the drivers floor board was wet, like some water was dripping down there through the cowl somwhere....hmmmm....ill have to get to the bottom of this

4. SUB602

SUB602 1/2 ton status

You might want to check your vacuum supply to your a/c controls. When the a/c gets stuck or switches to the defrost vents it means you are losing vacumm to the controller. Either your vacumm supply line has a leak in it or the vacumm supply reservoir is leaking.