Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a/c compressor, can i make it an air compressor?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 17, 2001.

title says it all, what is there to do and has anyone done this??

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

goto the CK5 Project page its been done and covered within the past week...or do a search

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer

2. 'york compressor install'??? is that an a/c unit?? of so, i'm an idiot.... i didn't even bother to look at that article, but i'll do so now!!

3. Blazin Obsession

Blazin Obsession Registered Member

Check out the Title page or my site blazinobsession.com, I have done this mod and it is easy,, my page shows the stock AC pump that did'nt last long and I have since installed a York brand compressor. I highly recomend having on board air, once you have done this mod, you will never want to go without.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

no it's completely impossible. Will never work except on '76 Javelins. Now if you swap a motor from a '76 Javelin into your blazer, then maybe but till then you're just SOL [​IMG]

.....BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Use the search feature, you might be surprised what turns up...geesh...[rolleyes]

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

5. scrapmetal

scrapmetal 1/2 ton status

I hooked up the stock unit without going through all the bull of building brackets and such, my tanks in the rear, and I run impacts off mine, and it works just fine, been in there two years, and ive forgotten how many vehicles Ive aired not to mention myself, and it has ran four hours one day filling up many rigs,, check our my page and you can see the tank and where its at, and some pics of inside the engine compartment,,

Never been stuck, just temporarily delayed.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html>hometown.aol.com/bcscrapper/myhomepage/index.html</a>

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I'm starting to like the idea !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !