Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C compressor question.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Friday during a massive rainstorm, the Jimmy threw a fan belt. That was an easy fix, but the belt hit the A/C electrical connection when it came off and wiped it out. It broke off one terminal and bent the second one flat against the compressor. Is this repairable or was this a very expensive A/C belt??

Derf00
    http://www.derf00.coloradok5.com
    "Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck in a more inaccessible place."

2. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

Try and solder the wires on. Don't know much about the assembly, but if you got metal showing on the broken pin, you may be able to solder to it.

85 Burb and an 89 Blazer
    One just for fun, one simply for pleazer

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A rebuilt ac compressor clutch goes for about 85 bucks!!!!! If you can't do a solder job try a junkyard for a core compressor and take the clutch off and replace the broken one.

"My blazer may be slow, but it goes faster at higher speeds"

Jim

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You might also try watching EBay - I got a new compressor for the wife's Cherokee for 12.00 off there.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]

5. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

The two tangs that are bent and broken belong to the coil....which is hidden inside the clutch hub....autzone sells reman compressors for $60....cheaper than the price of a new clutch....it does require speacial tools to remove the outer hub and a puller to remove the clutch pulley....then a snap ring holds the coil to the front of the compressor...if you have the tools it can be done on the vehicle in about one hour...clutch gap 15K....if it is an OEM comp lookout for the nut attached to the compressor shaft...it will have to be removed first or you will destroy the snout of the compressor crank!

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!