Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C compressor runs when heat is turned on

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Sep 1, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I work on trying to fill my A/C this summer...put two cans of stuff in it and the compressor would turn on for a few secs and shut off . I asked on the board here and the guys said it probably needed more or maybe the pressures were off or something...I was a lil flustered and had alot of other projects going and the A/C took last in line ...i thought it would be a quick fix....now that its colder here in Maine i turned on my heat this week and that compressor turns on and off like it was when i was trying to use the A/C.....

I dont care if the A/C doesnt work this year but i dont wanna burn it out......HELP! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Is it running in all the heater settings or just defrost? It is supposed to run in defrost to help get the moisture out of the cab. Your selector switch may be messed up if it runs all the time, my friend's was burnt inside and the compressor would run all the time. If you dont want it to kick in just unplug the wires that connect to the compressor.

3. Txstruck

Txstruck Registered Member

Most mormally do run when the heat is on but just to keep the windows from fogging