Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C condenser removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know if you can remove the A/C condenser without completly removing the raidator?

Go ahead and take your shots about wanting the A/C to work, but when you work on a consturction site for 10-12 hrs and it is in the 90's when you go to work and 100+ when you leave, a little A/C on the way home is nice. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. rusty79

rusty79 1/2 ton status

i got mine out through the grill before i removed the radiator (i think) but it got messed up pulling it but i wasnt trying to be careful with it i just pulled it cuz the ac was shot and dont have the money to fix it and it was in the way mine is a 79
    hope this helps
    dave

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I dont know about your truck but with mine if I unbolt the radiator brackets on top the radiator will move out of the way just far enough, and I pulled my condenser with out removing it. I also dont have a fan shroud. You would have to take it off 1st.
    good luck
    Brent

4. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

If you take the upper part of the radiator shroud out and take the upper radiator brackets out you can lean the radiator enough to get the condenser out. I've never done it that way because I've always been careful not to flex any of my lines because I can't afford to replace them or the buckets of o-rings in them. You should have seen my truck when I yanked the motor and core support out of it.

5. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Removing the top have of the shroud and leaning the radiator forward looks like it will work, just wanted to confirm that approch would work.