Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C for a first gen

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by earl87gta, Sep 21, 2003.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Im looking for a complete a/c system for a first gen. If you have on let me know thanks.
    Earl

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I have almost all of the parts (no compressor). I have all the lines, condenser, evap, brackets, linkage, vents, etc.

It is all still on the truck and in 30+ year old condition.
    There was no comp. on it when I bought it so I have no idea as to the condition of all the parts. I don't know how much to ask for them but it would take my time to remove all the parts.
    Do you have any time frame?
    Do you need EVERYTHING?
    Are you willing to do a partial trade for non-AC parts (I still drive this truck and would like to have a working heater and such)?
    email me @
    triaged@earthlink.net if interisted

3. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you have no compresser then I asume that meens the line are not pluged which means the system has been exposed to too much moisture and is probably caroted. Even if there was no corosion you would still want to use a new evaporater and air drier. My sagestion is if you truck never had A/C then you might talk to Vintage Air. They sell a system that will mount under the dash and can also have full function floor, vent, defrost and, rear air depending on what model you buy. The system is around 1000 bucks but is worth it to me. It will cost you close to that to have one put in unless you use used parts but good luck finding 30 year old A/C parts that dont leak. Just my thought.

That being said I have every thing including a compresser but don't know the condition of any of it. In fact I think I have 2 compressers. Just Make an offer if you are interested. I too will take trades.