Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a/c + header question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BamBamblazer, Aug 29, 2002.

1. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Ok Please be gentle with my stupidity but i have never put headers on anything with a/c. My a/c bracket and part of the power steering bracket mount to the exhaust manifolds, so when i put my new headers on /forums/images/icons/smile.gif how do i put the a/c and p.s. brackets on there? Do i need different brackets or what? Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance because i know lots of people will help just like you guys always do!!!!!

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

on mine i had to cut off one of the legs on my a/c bracket,but i dont recall having to do anything to the power steering, i think they are all on common brackets or something, like on mine the power steering is hooked to the A/c and the block if i remember right. I dont remember which leg it was i can look when i get home from school tomorow, but by then someone else on here will have responded, but yes i had to cut one of the legs off my a/c bracket, but i didnt need a complete new bracket. If these headers are specifacally for your truck then there should be some sort of instruction for what to cut, atleast there were in mine.

3. 84K5cedric

84K5cedric 1/2 ton status

I've seen an adapter which you will need. After checking I found part number BIG-10042 at SummitRacing. That may be your answer.

4. RedneckK5

RedneckK5 Registered Member

i ran across the same problem. i cut the rear part of the braket of and used a spacer on the front. it works great.

5. JW86

JW86 Registered Member

Jegs has a bracket specifically for this.
    Part number 289 88304... at about $ 17.00
    Good luck. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif