Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C heater wiring queston

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by clarkjw24, Dec 3, 2004.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

There is a solid lonesome brown wire, under the dash in the A/C heater harness. It has a female plug. Where does this plug go? The whole switch seems not to be getting power. I've checked the relay and I only have power on the big red wire. I'm thinking I need it on about 3 of those wires. The fan motor is good and the resister seems ok. Why can't I get any blower controls?

Also I can't get my fuel tank to register.

These are the only issues I have after installing a complete harness, A/C,gas tank, motor and steering column in my K5. Help me please. This will have to be my DD since I've sold my S10 and my other K5 seems to have lost its doors and top.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

IIRC, thats the 12V feed wire to the switch, which comes off the fuse panel.

Been awhile since I last dealt with mine, but I do recall that there is a connector between the switch and the fuse panel.

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Is that brown wire have a tendency to get grounded out or even melted ? My HVAC controls will instantlyblow a fuse. Are there other wiring harness that plug into the back of the controls in the dash?
    Blake

4. dyeager535

AC is a bit different as I recall, but in my non-ac setup, I can't see it being easy to have problems.

One brown wire from the fuse panel, then the wires to the heater blower from the fan switch.

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Brown wire to fuse box fixed it. Now hows about the fuel gauge?

6. dyeager535

Start a new thread, but post up what it does.

From my experience, incorrect reading, but still reads relative to fuel level, is the sender rheostat, if the gauge bounces as fuel sloshes, the gauge is shot.