Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cusm, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I just finished swapping out my radiator (BTW did Chevy have to make 30 different fan shrouds?!) and put on another A/C belt to enjoy some cool air this summer. On my way to work this morning my temp gauge topped out, I was in the parking lot luckily, when I popped the hood I had antifreeze spewing out and I broke yet another A/C belt. This time the a/c belt threw the alternator belt. This is the third a/c belt that has broken since the a/c has been fixed. What is the prob? Do I have a pulley that is not lined up right?

I have a generic crate 350, with a alternator (alt-wp-main), ps belt(ps-wp-main) and the a/c belt, which we have tried several different configurations, a/c-wp-main, and a/c-wp-ps-main. Is there another config I should be using?
    This is getting insane, I just want some GD a/c. Any help would be appreciated.