Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C is giving me a headache

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Jun 20, 2004.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

OK awhikle back I posted about my ac working except on HI speed. Low and medium are fine, but this Arizona and they're not worth a crap. I replaced the switch, the relay, AND the fan. HI speed still doesn't work! Am I missing something here? My test light is less than desirable so it isn't helping me much. By the way, I ran a jumper from the battery straight to the fan (for hi speed). It runs great.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Did you replace the "high speed" relay, or the other relay?

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Musta just been the "other" relay, Where is the HI speed relay located?

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

OK, I put two and dos together, got 5.........I figured I'd attack a bunch of wires thsat were all taped together. Traced a blue wire from the relay to a connector on the plastic box everything is attached to. I pulled the thing out and it was a "buss" setup with springs coiled at the end connecting the buss together. I worked everything all back and forth and sprayed some lectrakleen on it and now the hi speed is kickin ass!!! At least I know where it is now. Thanks for the help!

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good to see you figured it out! It's been bugging you for a while now. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It you want a serious A/C for the hot Arizona desert sun, then try one of these on for size. These are built for medium size trucks, and cost about $1200. They mount on to the roof of your vehicle like a motor home A/C does. I live in Las Vegas, and want to get one for my 1-Ton 4X4 Crew Cab one day; although, I will have to cut a hole in my roof to install this self contained A/C unit. it will be worth it on a hot 123 degree summer day here in Las Vegas. Because this unit is self-contained, and comes with its own compressor, condenser, and receiver dryer, it will take off the load and heat A/C creates on an engine.

[​IMG]

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I thought about installing one of those on the rear portion of the Burb, as i did the 134 conversion, and it doesn't work worth a crap, i wish i had never done the conversion.

8. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Thats sweeeeet! I didn't pay that much for my blazer 11 yrs ago tho! A little out of my money scale. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif