Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C not blowing enough

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TONYP, Sep 9, 2002.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

just got my a/c going, it blows cold air (checked at 45') but not even hard enough to cool the truck, going to replace the fan to see if a newer one will move more air, then try to clean the condenser off to. Has anyone messed with this and what did you do to help the a/c out?

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

1. Check for the usual rat's nest in the heater boxes that blocks off the air flow.

2. Make sure that your fan is operating on all speeds. It is common to find a bad switch that will not allow the fan to run at the fastest speed. The fans in these trucks really blow if all is as it should be.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

check for cracks in the vent tubes. they tend to break at the connections to the vents.

ARQ.

4. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I have all new hoses to the vents and do get good flow, my fan only has 2 speeds, but have the new motor to go in this week. the speeds I have I think are the low and the high.

5. Tonka

Tonka Registered Member

Chances are its the high speed you don't have. The high speed circuit runs through a relay that sometimes goes bad. I can't say for sure if this is your problem but it has happenened to me. I actually did a quick fix for awhile and routed the fan high speed through a relay for my off road lights. Gotta use a relay though, that fan sucks some power.